Subject: [Leica] lightroom
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 20:14:53 -0400

I think in digital we are more in the mood to crop more one reason is we?re
not losing our black border by doing so.
Another reason is there seems to be a lot more information to work from.
And I like straightening. Why? Because I can!

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

On 10/18/17, 4:40 PM, "LUG on behalf of Jim Nichols"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of jhnichols
at lighttube.net> wrote:

    Hi Mark,

    Glad we agree.  To me, the file from the camera is very similar to the
    exposed film I used to get from my Leica IIIa in the 1950s and 60s.
    It's a starting point.  What I refer to as processing includes necessary
    straightening, cropping, exposure adjustment, and tonal adjustments to
    make it a useful image.  I seldom shoot landscapes on a tripod, so I
    have no dedication to printing full images as framed in the camera.
    What you see is what I feel is the necessary part of the exposed image,
    not what happened to fall within its field of view when I released the
    shutter.

    Jim Nichols
    Tullahoma, TN USA

    On 10/18/2017 2:37 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
    > Jim what?s on my mind as of late is your use of the word ?processing?
to mean ?processing?!
    > It?s a breath of fresh air!
    > ?Processing? is not called ?processing? any more it?s called anything
but.
    > It?s called ?editing? it?s called ?shopping? its called ?post
processing? its called ?image manipulation?.