Subject: [Leica] IMG: Macro Lens with Extension
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 01:03:15 -0400

Your shots look great enough without flash.
Plan B if one needed one might also be to shoot full frame digital at the
insanely high ISO?s we?re able to do that now. Even 1.5 crop has insanely
high ISO?s now. I think we can get  both the super high shudder speeds plus
can generously stop down and get more than a few millimeters in focus with
no flash.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

On 9/23/17, 12:27 AM, "LUG on behalf of Jim Nichols"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of jhnichols
at lighttube.net> wrote:

    Mark, I know some folks who do this, and they get great images. I just
    prefer not to use that approach.  It's a personal choice.

    Thanks for the comments.

    Jim Nichols
    Tullahoma, TN USA

    On 9/22/2017 10:57 PM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
    > Instead of a tripod for such stuff lots of people who do a whole lot
of this kind of stuff use a coiled through the lens metering cord instead to
connect their flash which then goes off at 1/80,000 of a second at that
close distance and has you shooting stopped down where you need to be which
is f 16. For some reason the shots don?t come off like cheap flash?s shots
as in other genres partly because the light is coming often from way off
lens axis and something having to do with the ultra-close distance that?s
had to anyone for anyone to explain. Part of that may be its just become par
for the course in these shots people are used to seeing macro shots of bugs
and flowers with sharp hard not quite available lighting.
    > Macro requires ultra-fast in effect from the flash exposures
(duration) coupled with  f 16 and be there.
    > There is no other way to get this than with flash. A tripod is like
dropping anchor in the middle of the ocean and going fishing.