Subject: [Leica] IMG: Macro Lens with Extension
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 23:57:02 -0400

Instead of a tripod for such stuff lots of people who do a whole lot of this
kind of stuff use a coiled through the lens metering cord instead to connect
their flash which then goes off at 1/80,000 of a second at that close
distance and has you shooting stopped down where you need to be which is f
16. For some reason the shots don?t come off like cheap flash?s shots as in
other genres partly because the light is coming often from way off lens axis
and something having to do with the ultra-close distance that?s had to
anyone for anyone to explain. Part of that may be its just become par for
the course in these shots people are used to seeing macro shots of bugs and
flowers with sharp hard not quite available lighting.
Macro requires ultra-fast in effect from the flash exposures  (duration)
coupled with  f 16 and be there.
There is no other way to get this than with flash. A tripod is like dropping
anchor in the middle of the ocean and going fishing.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

On 9/22/17, 10:39 PM, "LUG on behalf of Jim Nichols"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of jhnichols
at lighttube.net> wrote:

    Thanks, Jayanand.

    Jim Nichols