Subject: [Leica] Interesting article on digitizing film
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 06:49:23 +0000 (UTC)
References: <DM3PR10MB0924AE3A813645DE79ADFA34B86A0@DM3PR10MB0924.namprd10.prod.outlook.com> <5A4B0A8E-C0C2-481B-AC10-91F5D1191511@gmail.com> <87FEFEEC-F0A2-41D0-9A3F-90A8D838365B@twc.com> <CA+yJO1BrrQnRdV9ezV05A2pDvO-_msp=Q=zrx1H4yjyoLP9jcQ@mail.gmail.com> <FC260A5F-2917-4DFB-BA04-2D366FAB0842@twc.com> <CA+yJO1Df_p2N+FJ2MNPYyeaOMOQr0wLz=Sdvww6ugEy3oKNSQQ@mail.gmail.com> <4174F071-8DC6-43AB-9D04-AB2F248F1F18@cartersxrd.net> <BFA32E32-8FBC-4B15-8ED7-3B466B5A343E@gmail.com>

I would expect the camera/macro lens would have the higher potential
nowadays, compared to the old scanners, mine is a LS8000.Firstly, the optics
can be much better - I don't imagine the optics in any scanner to be better
than the apo-macro lenses available today. The sensors available have
improved hugely also, particularly in dynamic range.I must try it soon, I
haven't scanned any slides for years.I do have a way of using my enlarger
frame as a camera support and head as a light source, so maybe not selling
it will have turned out to be a good idea!cheers,Frank D.?

    On Sunday, 10 September 2017, 1:28, Tina Manley <tmanley at gmail.com>