Subject: [Leica] Oscar et Al (Pacino)
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 15:50:44 +0100

Different types of stone, Philippe. Here is its Wikipedia entry
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Wilde_Memorial_Sculpture

It certainly attracts the crowds. One day in 2006, I wandered into the
park (Merrion Square) where the statue is, and sauntered down to it. I
was surprised to find a couple of policemen standing a few yards away
from its corner and said "Vandalism, a red alert?" and they sheepishly
smiled. Continuing around the corner, I found Al Pacino in earnest
conversation with the statue - as you do - and a cameraman recording his
every syllable, and Oscar's silence.
Here's a pic as I had my little Ricoh GR1 in my pocket
https://www.flickr.com/photos/50543475 at N00/306837283/in/dateposted-public/

The resulting documentary which emerged from Mr. Pacino over five years
after my photograph, is called "Wilde Salom?".  I have been meaning to
watch it. Must do.

Douglas