Subject: [Leica] reuesting info from Leica
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 20:40:08 -0000

Yes Doug, Leica problems and hence the subsequent service seems to make for
dismal reading. I think I'm finally going to go ahead and buy a Sony full
frame A7 or A7ii as the Leica option - a 2nd hand M9 - is looking more
problematic and much as though I'd like one, the scare stories are unlikely
to lead to happiness.

Being realistic, the amount of photography I do is now harmless, and it
would be stupid to buy an M240 just to have it sitting around with little
use. So the Sony solution with adaptors seems the best as it would enable me
to use the large number of old lenses from various manufacturers easily.

Douglas