Subject: [Leica] IMG: Lily for Ray
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 22:11:45 +0200

Beautiful image, Barney. I understand your despair. I have just finished
reading a book by a Danish literature professor whose wife was diagnosed
with this disease. She too was a literature person. The book is beautifully
written, not all doom and gloom, especially in the earlier stages when she
still has retained some mental faculties and receives great care from a
specialized facility. In the end he has to give up and put her in a nursing
home. One of the interesting aspects is that long after she had lost the
ability to do most things, she continued to play the piano as if she were
100% healthy.

Unfortunately, the book in question is available in Danish only.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain