Subject: [Leica] [OM] IMG: Exploring the 90mm
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 15:47:53 -0700

Hi Crew,
I always admire you folks for all the extra testing and shooting you do when
using LEICA gear. Particularly lenses. :-)
When I began my major change over to LEICA gear, it never occurred to me to
test anything. I figured if I was buying LEICA at what I was paying, it had
to be the best!
I was shooting an assignment in Halifax, Canada and I really needed a much
longer lens for the photos of ships in the harbour, certainly the images I
could "see?" But not capture properly I needed a Leica 280 mm 2.8. I phoned
to Ottawa to the camera store I dealt with.
"Hey do you guys still have that 280 2.8.Leica lens you showed me last
week?"
"Yea." I respond, "OK pack and ship it to Halifax right now special express.
Thanks!"
The clerk responded: "Hey Ted do you want the 2 EXTENDERS FOR IT ALSO?"ME.
"whatever are they?"
He says "One is a 1.4x and the other is a 2x times."
It arrived the next day in it's metal carry-all case and by noon I had shot
about the harbour at least a couple dozen rolls of KODACHROME. Hopped in a
plane around 5pm home bound! RESULTS? WOWIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
One thing if you haven't noticed was the word "test?":-)
Well if the results were crappy I wouldn't be sitting here writing this note
if they were crappy?:-) I even shot some of the images with both extenders
mounted and they were quite amazing.
Mounted extra to the 280mm lens, a 1.4 extender. Then add the 2X and you
have a very neat working lens!
Now as you will recall when it comes to things of testing and putting
extenders together on the same lens at the same time.
The results are mine despite LEICA company techie types "not recommending it
after I had done it!" And told them the results were great.  My offer?
There's nothing wrong doing testing as each of us have "our own fashions of
using our gear."
cheers,
Dr. Ted Grant O.C.