Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 13/6/2017: morning walk in Brussels
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 16:32:45 -0500

Hi, Nathan,

Well, you aroused my curiosity, so I Googled Lucky Luke, and that led me
to The Daltons.  My mother's maiden name was Dalton.  When I was doing
genealogical research some years ago, I investigated whether or not we
were related to the infamous Dalton Gang.  From everything I could find,
we were not.  In 19th century Kentucky, it was spelled both Dolton and
Dalton.  I've found both in my family history.

Another Old West character that I checked on was Doc Holliday, the
dentist that was sent west for his health.  My Nichols line has
Hollidays, spelled many different ways, that go back to Walter (The
Minstrel) Haliday who supplied entertainers to the royal court in
England in the 15th century.  I could find no true connection to Doc,
either.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA