Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 13/6/2017: morning walk in Brussels
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 23:02:11 +0200

On Tuesday morning, I got up at 6 to take a long walk around the inner ring
before I had to be at my meeting at 8:30.
It was a lovely day, and for once I was not staying in the EU quarter but in
a hotel next to the Rogier metro station. So I explored the area just north
of the centre.

Those who know Lucky Luke will appreciate the delightful irony of this mural:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-SQbZtsD/A

I walked towards Place Sainte-Catherina, a lovely square that has been among
my favourites since I lived in Brussels in the 1990s:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-9tZZFVK/A

A city full of the world?s best beer needs good public toilets:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-wNN5WzC/A

A bit of nostalgia; I used to take my son to this restaurant for traditional
Belgian food such as stoemp when he was 8 or 9 years old:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-9HnrBFQ/A

And I have always loved this little statue just outside the restaurant in
the preceding picture:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-smv3JPL/A

Did I ever mention that I love Brussels?

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain