Subject: [Leica] Cameraquest claim re. Voigtlander 50mm f/3.5 Heliar IV M mount
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 00:19:39 -0500

It interesting that people involved with a premium product in this case
Leica gear here do not seem to have a clue or a care what a premium product
is all about. You?d think it?s about jacking up the price because everyone
is so fond of the typeface in the logo.
It?s about using higher quality materials and better design and materials.
Not that complicated but it just seems to go over everyone?s heads. Big news
Leica gear is worth it. That?s not fake news. It?s not some shell game.
When a product comes out for a small fraction of the cost it?s a very nice
thing it?s just not in competition Leica or other stuff of comparable cost.
We don?t have to put out its better or just as good or even close. It?s just
not. Its wishful thinking for people with limited resources or just as
likely of limited interest. We afford what we want to afford. If it?s not
worth it to us, we say we can?t afford it. ?This cheap thing is just as good
it says it right here? That?s fake news.

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

On 2/16/17, 10:45 PM, "LUG on behalf of Paul Roark"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
roark.paul at gmail.com> wrote:

    The quote about the Heliar being the best ever tested, etc. may come from
    an old Modern Photo test.  Photozone tested one on a NEX and did a
    comparable test of the 50 f/2 Zeiss ZM (which I have).  The ZM is better
--
    not surprisingly.

    I must say, however, if there was on old classic, perhaps collapsible
lens
    that one could put on a digital M that really was superb, it would make a
    rather unique combination and conversation piece.

    Paul
    www.PaulRoark.com

    On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 2:44 AM, Frank Dernie <Frank.Dernie at
btinternet.com>