Subject: [Leica] Cameraquest claim re. Voigtlander 50mm f/3.5 Heliar IV M mount
From: photo.forrest1 at gmail.com (photo.forrest1 at gmail.com)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 19:32:06 -0500

I have photos from a $12 Helios 103 that I adapted to Leica that can not
easily be picked out from the same images with a brand new 50mm Summicron
(not ASPH). I did side-by-side test shots in the real world; Helios then
Summicron, wash, rinse, repeat. I put together a little slideshow of the
images and tested a few of the Leica shooters here in Philly which was
which. Not very many people got the images right and when I desaturated the
photos, even fewer did.?I'm just sayin'.
Philly Forrest
gallery.leica-users.org/v/philforrest/
------ Original message------From: Mark RabinerDate: Wed, Feb 15, 2017
19:14To: Leica Users Group;Cc: Subject:Re: [Leica] Cameraquest claim re.
Voigtlander 50mm f/3.5 Heliar IV M mount
How dare we question that a lens costing a 15th of a Leica lens is not in
close competition with it?This is a Leica list which is why we easily accept
this.It?s just words Paul. It?s just business. It?s just ?putting it out
there?!Saving money seems to make people want very badly to fool themselves
and everyone else around.$7995 for the Summicron$529 for the Cosina.$7995 /
$529 = 15.1It?s the camera that?s cool why waste money on glass?  -- Mark
William RabinerPhotographerOn 2/15/17, 3:08 PM, "LUG on behalf of Paul
Roark"  wrote:    Has anyone ever tested this claim by Cameraquest     ?
   "The new Voigtlander 50mm f/3.5 Heliar IV Leica M Mount is
extraordinarily    sharp, comparable to Leica's 50mm f/2 APO Summicron-M!"
     It came around in an email circulation.        It seems a bit over the
top.        Paul    www.PaulRoark.com