Subject: [Leica] Cameraquest claim re. Voigtlander 50mm f/3.5 Heliar IV M mount
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 19:14:34 -0500

How dare we question that a lens costing a 15th of a Leica lens is not in
close competition with it?
This is a Leica list which is why we easily accept this.
It?s just words Paul. It?s just business. It?s just ?putting it out there?!
Saving money seems to make people want very badly to fool themselves and
everyone else around.
$7995 for the Summicron
$529 for the Cosina.
$7995 / $529 = 15.1

It?s the camera that?s cool why waste money on glass?

--

Mark William Rabiner
Photographer

On 2/15/17, 3:08 PM, "LUG on behalf of Paul Roark"
<lug-bounces+mark=rabinergroup.com at leica-users.org on behalf of
roark.paul at gmail.com> wrote:

    Has anyone ever tested this claim by Cameraquest
    <https://www.cameraquest.com/> ?

    "The new Voigtlander 50mm f/3.5 Heliar IV Leica M Mount is
extraordinarily
    sharp, comparable to Leica's 50mm f/2 APO Summicron-M!"

    It came around in an email circulation.

    It seems a bit over the top.

    Paul
    www.PaulRoark.com