Subject: [Leica] OT: International Travel
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 20:23:10 -0800

Since the LUG includes travelers to and from all over the world, I'd
like to ask a question.  Americans, are any of you considering changing
your international travel plans in light of the last couple of weeks?
And Europeans, do you have any indications that Americans might be made
to feel unwelcome in your countries, either by border officials or the
"man or woman on the street?"

I am NOT looking to start a political discussion.  We are trying to
decide whether or not to book airline tickets.  I was born in the U.S.
My wife is a long-time naturalized citizen originally from Ukraine, and
speaks with an accent. Occasionally her background has led to minor but
unnerving extra scrutiny when traveling. And that was before all the
"exciting" new developments since Jan 20.

Feel free to respond by direct email if things might stray beyond what
is appropriate for the LUG.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from abridge683 at fastmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] OT: International Travel)
Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] OT: International Travel)