Subject: [Leica] Don McCullin knighted // Ted Grant
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 09:32:10 -0800
References: <D4937132.68CBF%mark@rabinergroup.com> <6BC7C909-530B-40F6-AC6B-F2BD3497A6DC@gmail.com> <e54dbf68-9b1b-d6a2-5a65-92eaf054ae30@gmx.de> <8026A0FE-812A-44C4-9DCD-0997B2E66C6F@icloud.com> <758992310.264478.1483614442938@mail.yahoo.com> <4A7CFC17-7FE5-4E6A-B82A-727AB41AD674@frozenlight.eu> <b068b9b2-2cad-fb76-248f-00583e6ed1bf@gmx.de> <2014556247.1005159.1483647323807@mail.yahoo.com> <492f048e-a47a-2044-4d3b-e357852dd219@summaventures.com> <7E928998-F248-457D-AE78-83F0531CCFC3@gmail.com>

Hi Steve,
Thankyou very much. Yes you are quite correct.
The "Order of Canada" is bestowed upon a Canadian who is recognized in many
fashions of life similar to Don McCullin.
But not a Knighthood!
And careers as varied as your thoughts can take you.
His and my career are somewhat similar. He of course more wars and civil
strife than I! I have no doubt he suffers some of the PTSD I also do? But
then that's life! :-(

One difference is? The "Canadian GOVENOR GENERAL" as the Queen's
representative presents the Order to those few Canadian's receiving it ! The
few are selected each year, usually as nominated by their peers across the
world and Canada. Then presented to the GG's office where a committee of
peers from many walks of life determine if it's a "Receive or Not?"
Me? Once again I'm extremely honoured to have received mine! However it was
never a thought in my life I would receive such a fantastic recognition. I
suppose I got lucky & "Observed & Clicked" just at the right moment and
location?
Cheers to all,
Dr. Ted Grant C.M. O.C.