Subject: [Leica] Best Learning Camera
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 11:44:28 -0500

LUG:

My granddaughter is 15 and into all things artistic.  She is taking
photography in high school and is very interested, following me around
asking lots of good questions.

I'd like to get her a good camera for Christmas that she can use to learn.
She's very interested in f stops and focal lengths and the differences they
make.

One choice would be to give her one of my old M8's but the disadvantage to
that is that she will not be able to afford extra lenses for it.  I have an
old Elmar 65/3.5 that I would include but I don't have a lot of surplus
lenses.

Is there another digital camera out there that would be good for learning
apertures, speeds, focal lengths?  Most of them are so automatic you don't
ever have to know what those are but she wants to know!

Thanks,

Tina

--
Tina Manley