Subject: [Leica] Article on Photography
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 14:03:53 -0700

I suppose if one is into?

NOTHING BUT "FINE ART?" ROCKS & FERN"

and generally non-understanding image making!

This guy is "cool?"

Hand him a camera and send him to shoot as a photojournalist covering a
major fire news photojournalist assignment? "He'd crap his pants!"

Unfortunately! So much of today's photography is all about techi stuff,
forms, shapes and worthless words! That is if what I see so often at an
exhibition is coming out of the "PHOTO SCHOOLS" of today!

It's nothing but bullshit words and theories! I don't care if they know
about the days of film settings and or print processing?

Who cares these days when you have ink printers that produce prints so
beautiful your eyes are near blinded! WHY? By their digital abilities beyond
your wildest imagination! Not to forget digital cameras that continue to
improve as never imagined!

But it doesn't have to be "rocks, ferns, peeling paint and infrared!"

Jeeesh I don't know if it's because I'm becoming an elder and lived/worked
and made a living as a shooting every kind of assignments you can imagine?
SINCE 21 SEPT. 1951!

Or whether I'm becoming a "GRUMPY OLD MAN BY AGE?" Possibly?????????????

cheers,

Dr. Ted Grant O.C.

tedgrantphoto.com