Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Friday: frogs, flowers, bread baking and bike riding
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 22:20:59 +0100

George, nice images, but, going on the message, you appear to be a
Motobecane man from birth. The only Motobecane I used was one supplied by a
sponsor when my then sylph-like self was doing a big charity triathlon way
back in the early '80s. Compared to the Mercian Superlight I had just
bought, it was like riding a garden gate. I wanted to use my own bike, but
was told in no uncertain terms "Use the gate, or you get the gate!" so
that's why I rode a Motobecane from Galway to Dublin and then ran the Dublin
City Marathon with legs like jelly. In my opinion, that gate affected my
gait...

That said, I like the geometry (of your bike) on display here. It looks
elegant and purposeful, and the rake of the forks looks good, lest plate
tectonics moves a stray alp into Wisconsin, but the saddle looks plumper
than a true peletoneur would desire.
Seriously, it's good to hear you're throwing your leg over in your maturity
:-)

Douglas
PS flowers are good too!