Subject: [Leica] The new Hasselblad is announced
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Verizon 2 2016)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 22:17:21 -0300

Sometime in the long ago, some marketing guy thought the rather obscure 645
size ( remember the A16 Hassy back?) was MF.  At that time, there was 6x6
and 645.  ( and 6x7; 6x9; and even 6x8). All the numbers referred to film
size in mm.  They all used a common 120 film size.
Then someone thought that 6x6 was a dead end and there were no more 6x6
cameras being made. They were all 645....the other sizes went dead.
So magically, 645 became the MF standard (and only size).
With the advent of digital, 645 became a ratio (4:3), not a mm size, and so
now we have digital MF sensors that measure 44x33mm

There are larger sensors.... But none measure 56x56 mm, the old time MF
standard

We can only hope some sensor in the future will measure 56x56mm. My CF
lenses will cover the sensor, easily.

Frank

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 22, 2016, at 6:58 PM, lluisripollphotography <lluisripollphotography