Subject: [Leica] Printer problems
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 13:29:36 -0700

My experience is just like Aram's.  In the U.S. we have a window cleaning
product called Windex.  It contains ammonia.  If the normal cleaning cycle
does not clear the print heads, put Windex on the pad where the print head
rests, using enough to completely soak the pad.  Then turn off the printer
and leave it sitting for at least overnight. The next day, try printing and
running a couple of head cleaning cycles. If it still doesn't print, repeat
the procedure with the Windex.

I'm sure you will have something like Windex where you live. Just make sure
that it contains ammonia, which truly helps break up the clogged ink.

I've used this procedure on an Epson 1280, an R200, and recently on an
Epson 1800 which I have loaded with special carbon inks from MIS Associates.

--Peter