Subject: [Leica] Printer problems
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 13:06:48 -0700

Lluis.  I love my R3000 and I have been using Marrutt ink (English company)
for over a year with no problem.  Perfect color.  Every time I replaced an
Epson cartridge with the Marrutt, I printed my test print and could never
tell the difference.  As far as clogging, the R3000 does clog a bit if not
used.  Since I travel for months at times, I have hooked my printer up to an
old laptop, installed TeamViewer on it, and every week or so I just connect
to my laptop and print a nozzle check.  Since doing that, I have never had a
clog.

To unclog it, just move the print head away from the pad, soak the pad with
window cleaner, then allow the head to return and turn the printer off for
an hour or two or a day or so.  Then run a clean cycle and it will most
likely cure your clog.  Works every time for me.  I started doing that when
I was the tech person at the high school and we switched from HP to Epson
printers.  That Fall, when we returned from Summer break, most every printer
was clogged.  With the old HP's we could just dump a clogged cartridge since
the new cartridges back then all had print heads included.  Not that the
HP's clogged much.  But the window cleaner trick would bring them all back
to life eventually.  Might have to do it a few times, but we never had to
throw an Epson away due to a clogged head.

Hope this helps.

Aram