Subject: [Leica] Monochrome Post S/W?
From: lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (lluisripollphotography)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 02:32:37 +0100

Frank,

I have almost nothing to say after the explanations from Bob and Tina, I
would like only say that in my days before to have the Monochrome I?ve
experimented a lot about the best conversions, and my conclusion is that
first at all you shall made a good color image, later I converted it in B&W
using Capture One and finally I apply Silver Efex Pro 2, but lately not
always or I apply it very softly, because it reach very easily the lights
and contrasts and sometimes gives a fake or a unnatural B&W appearance, in
my previous experience if the conversion with Capture One was correct the
use of Silver Efex Pro 2 shall be very slow.

I have used a few times DxO, but only on certain cases that the picture
needed a certain ?imperfect? appearance, like grainy film, if the original
picture was defective in focus.

Cheers
Lluis