Subject: [Leica] Monochrome Post S/W?
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 08:36:57 -0800

Hi Frank,
Whenever you leave LR, you can open your RAW edited file in PS as a smart
object (last selection in the "Edit in" options. This allows you to go back
into Adobe RAW editor at any time. Keep it as the first layer.

PS does not save files as raw files: only as .tif, .psd, etc... But having
that layer as a smart layer allows you to open that .tif file and then go
back into that smart object and change the raw editing.

As for BW, I do it in PS and use luminosity layers, curve layers and level
layers to play around with it after using a smart filter layer in PS to
adjust filter effects. Final act is to use NIK software, but usually after
I've edited with tons of layers in CC15, it doesn't provide a whole lot
extra. I also play a bit around with DxO files for different film types.
Works well.

Hope this helps,
Bob