Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Tests with MM and M246
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 15:15:22 -0800
References: <CA+yJO1A2N2yntQ0J1OG8OQeg4qf1Dy3M-WqLpWnX4r__p_KL1Q@mail.gmail.com> <0ffc52dd9b674a55a08bd6e9e21faae6@WhizzEXM01.whizz.org> <CA+yJO1CJmrV+q7C1dSVgduAu=QA23MtjyouiQkfh4rYe1PmKeA@mail.gmail.com> <A3DF8C9B-7ADE-4549-ABBC-B881E021840A@icloud.com> <CAF8hL-Ho4_T0fc2da=PkZMT-MojfMbfTPUrgOTvjL1GRHpbLrw@mail.gmail.com> <CABXy406HoBE2zRpsC3hyC4sh-ziCWb_gD0w6pVrcrq=v7VyThw@mail.gmail.com> <BLU173-DS12630EA6DC7284AA26F5B2B8A90@phx.gbl> <140bc6711ce145e483946da3a8366499@WhizzEXM01.whizz.org>

John.  Correct.  As part of her photographic system, not as a critical
review comparing just the cameras.  How do they work when attached to a
particular photographer, mainly Tina.  A real life test for her way of
working.  If you are not going to use your camera on a tripod, why test how
it works on a tripod?  How does it work in your hand shooting things you
shoot in the way you shoot them.  I personally love tripod tests because
that is the way I work.  That is how I would test them, removing my handling
ability from the comparison.  I know I am shaky, and if you add shutter
vibration and slow shutter speeds to that, I know I will have a high miss
rate w/o a tripod.  Not Tina's style, so this kind of test is meaningless to
her.  It might have great meaning to  you or I.  I fail to see why she is
being criticized for testing in a purely functional way that has great
meaning to her.

Aram