Subject: [Leica] LUG Yearbook 2015 aftermath
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:44:50 +1000

Douglas I'm not so sure about the editor needing to do it for at least
three years to get getting the benefits of do the job! Maybe you meant
that the editor would get more efficient. I speak only for myself but
I declined to edit the book a second time due to repeated complaint
(on initial Blurb pricing glitches). It's very disheartening.

I'm no longer active in the mailing list but I sympathise with
Richard's disappointment. While I was concerned at the very late
change to the format personally, I supported the editor's right to
control the format and I approved the pairing of one of my images
(with Doug Herr) when Richard asked. On-list discussion and consensus
on any changes may help the next editor.

Richard
That's very disappointing that you've decided to resign after such a great
effort. I liked the book and its lay out, and all I saw here on the list was
praise for your great results. It's a shame, as I consider people in a job
need to do it for at least three years to get the benefits of doing it.

Richard, please reconsider.

Would whoever wasn't happy, please point out to the rest of us on the list
what you weren't happy with?

After all, any of us may take over the mantle of the book at some stage in
the future, and it would be useful to get pointers while the subject is more
immediate in our minds than it might be in the future.

Douglas

----- Original Message ----- *By now, a number of you have received
your LUG Yearbook and some of you **are* *just buying them right now.
Once Blurb book pays me, I will forward the**proceed to the Second
Harvest Food Bank*
* I have received numerous kudos on and off the list. Thank you for
your ** kind* *comments. They are appreciated.*
* Today I have received the first disappointment about the pairing
effort.** The person does not like what they see (presumably from the
Blurb **preview).*
* If one person sees a problem, chances are there are at least
another** person, may be 2-3 more, that are likewise
disappointed.**While I understand that "can't please everyone" I
consider this as a** failure in this experiment.*
*Therefore I will not be handling the 2016 LUG Book.**I do recommend
that future volunteer should use InDesign as it is a far** more
flexible tool but of course it will be up to the personYear.*
*All the best* *richard*

*<http://www.richardmanphoto.com <http://www.richardmanphoto.com/>>*

*<http://facebook.com/richardmanphoto <http://facebook.com/richardmanphoto>*>

*<https://instagram.com/richardmanphoto