Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hatch to the Wardroom
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 09:55:37 -0800

Hi George,
Oh the actual focal length of the lens never changed. It always recorded as
a 15 mm lens in focal length. But because the M8 body wasn't a "FULL FRAME
BODY!" The body "well hole in the body" the recorded image would pass
through to get on the sensor not being full frame. The "hole" cropped the
image not recording the image as a full frame. I understand later versions
of  the M body that were ground? Or whatever they did? Casting of the bodies
the "hole allowed  the captured image to be full frame as seen through the
lens. Please excuse me if I didn't quite get that right.
However I believe I'm finally somewhat correct with a "TECHIE" ;-) comment?
:-)
cheers,
Dr. ted  :-)