Subject: [Leica] IMG: Cattle Egret, White-tailed Kite
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2015 19:28:13 -0800

Ric, Jim, Nathan, Douglas, Gene? thanks for your comments.

Douglas: I agree about the bird merging with the background, I may be able
to do some local fixes to reduce the problem.  The FD 500 L is quite good
for a ~ 25-year-old lens.  It?s no APO-Telyt but it?s not priced like one
either.  It requires some CA adjustment and saturation / contrast
enhancement but once these are done the prints are quite pleasing.  One
?feature? of this lens I haven?t gotten around yet is less highlight detail
than the 280 APO, which may have contributed to the problem you noted.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
 http://www.wildlightphoto.com <http://www.wildlightphoto.com/>