Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Comparing SL and M240 and 19R and Noctilux
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 15:58:34 -0500

Thanks, Frank.  I tried several ways of handling exposure.  I started out
using P and letting the camera set everything with the SL lens.  With the
manual focus lenses, I chose between A for Aperture and T for shutter
speed, depending on the circumstances.  I did not do too well using M for
manual because the EVF is so bright, I would forget to check the exposure
and severely underexposed everything!  I found that when I set the camera
for P, it often chose an ISO of 50 and a much slower shutter speed than I
would have chosen, so I ended up using A or T for the SL lens also.

The R9 with the digital back and no lens weighs 1402 grams.
The LS with no lens weighs 883 grams.
The Canon 1DMII with no lens weighs 1586 grams.

The LS with the 24-90 lens weighs 2095!  It's a heavy lens; however, the
Canon with my favorite Canon lens 85/1.2 weighs 2623 grams.  It's a monster!

Tina

--
Tina Manley
http://