Subject: [Leica] Light tripods and electronic first curtain
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 10:09:45 +0530

I, too, use a Gitzo Systematic on the odd occasion I use a tripod ()very
rare for my type of photography), but a 3 series. I use a RRH BH55
ballhead, and instead of getting a Wimberly Gimbal head, I just bought a
Wimberly Sidekick, as that is sufficient for the biggest lens I use, a
Nikkor 200-400mm on the D4. Solid as a rock, I have been very happy with it.

The reason I bought a Systematic tripod is that John Shaw once
categorically told me that if I use a tripod with the centre column raised,
all I am doing is converting a tripod into a 3 legged monopod! :-)

Cheers
Jayanand