Subject: [Leica] Light tripods and electronic first curtain
From: geneduprey2015 at (Gene Duprey)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 16:17:47 -0500

The current leg design of the Gitzo Systematic line are far better than
older design.  I have had no problems with water and snow.  the center
column is optional on the Systematics.  I ordered 2 top plates, one for the
Ball head, and one for the Gimbal, which makes switching very fast and
easy.  Love mine despite the cost.

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 7:11 PM, Frank Filippone <red735i at>

>  I had the chance to see, first hand, the tripod Paul Roarke uses. It is
> not only light, it is also a tripod that I would not normally use with a
> "good" camera.   The reason it works for Paul, who uses it with the column
> fully raised (Paul is over 6 feet tall. The tripod legs go up only about 4
> feet. Paul would have a sore back ...except)
> Paul uses a pad for under his knee if he needs to kneel in use.  But what
> really makes this work for Paul is that his camera, a Sony A7rII, has an
> electronic first shutter and image stabilization built into the body. Paul
> sets up the camera with the built in self timer. After he hits the button,
> the next mechanical part that moves, and thus creates any vibration , after
> the exposure is done.  No vibration Because of  shutter movement and first
> shutter curtain is introduced by the camera.
> Yet another reason that in body image stabilization and EVF cameras are
> really good tools.
> Frank Filippone
> Red735i at

Replies: Reply from jayanand at (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Light tripods and electronic first curtain)