Subject: [Leica] Adobe Lightroom's Newest Update (RicCarter)
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 07:27:29 +1000

well kinda sorta but maybe not quite the doom referred to in some on-line
discussions.
The import dialog specifically defaults to a simplified menu meant to be
easier for newer users to navigate. However it removes some functionality
that more experienced users regularly used in their workflow. Some of the
functionality actually can be restored via advanced options and adjusting
your workflow.
 The rationale for some of the features being removed is incomprehensible
to many though. For example, you can no longer choose to have the memory
card automatically ejected after import.
So the upgrade does add new functionality and cameras/lenses. Almost all of
that is included in both subscription and standalone versions.
The update to the upgrade is intended to fix some of the performance issues
and bugs introduced by the upgrade. It does not reinstate the import
functionality to the previous  state.
Arguably the first version should never have been released in its original
form and what further irritated those unhappy was the nature of the
response/apology.

Personally I have the latest on my Macbook to test /compare against my main
imaging computer (a high end PC) which I am not updating until I have to.
Since the Typ 007 is added by the newest I am hoping that they resolve this
minor mess before that becomes relevant for me ;-)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman