Subject: [Leica] If not Lightroom, ...
From: piers.hemy at gmail.com (Piers Hemy)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 10:07:07 +0100

Lightroom is available as an outright purchase, Spencer, you do not need to
subscribe. And you do not need to use the latest "troublesome" version, and
it is easy enough to backtrack to the earlier release if you wish to avoid
the problems which some are experiencing.

It is true that the Lightroom approach is different to that taken by
Photoshop, for example, but I find the LR model much more attuned to how
photographers think than PS (and almost everyone to whom I have shown
Lightroom agrees). The image database is almost a free add-on, although I
find it indispensable.

I cannot offer any comparison to Aperture.

Piers