Subject: [Leica] Hasselblad question to George L
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 17:14:53 -0400

The low profile backs I got in 2005 when they could be gotten for a song
with all the wedding photogs divesting their Hasselblad stuff for DSLR'S.
The low profile backs were the first backs made for the Hassy system and
were made by Hensoldt, Wetzlar, a rifle site company.

The HC-1 is the 90? back and the Nc-2 100 is the 45 ? .
I got each one for around 100 dollars. I wished I had them way earlier.

"The optics company Engelbert & Hensoldt was founded in Sonneberg (Thuringia
) in 1852, moving to Wetzlar in 1865. It was acquired by the Carl Zeiss ."

They are much more compact, lightweight and made it easy for me to for the
first time to turn the camera on its side and shoot verticals with the 645
format backs, A16. So at the end of my Hasselblad days I was able to do
this.
After the Polaroid back came out they had to be re designed and this was
done and manufactured in Sweden. By real Swedish people...with the windmills
and the tulips....