Subject: [Leica] Voigtländers 1.5 or Zeiss 2.0?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 18:01:10 -0400

The Zeiss was made in a completely different area of the Cosina factory in
which espresso was served to the employees during breaks. The Voigtl?nder
workers had to drink regular coffee out of a coffee pot.
The Zeiss lens in silver looks like a serous piece of glass. I love those
third f stops who could think of such a thing!? The Voigtl?nder looks like a
very interesting funky piece of glass where you don't quite know  how to get
to the focusing ring but that's ok you could trade it for something else at
the next swap meet.

When I think Leica I think Summicron. And that's f2 and be there.
To me shooting f2 on a Leica camera is a very satisfying and expected thing.

Both lenes look like junk in black.
I find it much more important that my lenses look good than my jpegs.

The Zeiss ZM series is very much about not getting focus shift and is very
proud of the fact that its not an aspherical lens. As if that was the
reason. This is not a plus for me I'm very happy about living in the 21st
century shooting aspherical glass.

With the Voigtl?nder costing the same as the ZM Zeiss  you're both getting a
great deal on the Zeiss and getting a bad deal on the Voigtl?nder,
All kinds of Voigtl?nder glass being sold new now at B&H for a half a grand.
Most of the ZM Zeiss glass new at B&H selling for a full grand US money.
And they say CARL ZEISS on them in big fat slightly Germanic type face.
On the inner rim kind of like a cue card.