Subject: [Leica] IMG: Staircase Detail
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 16:06:34 -0700

These Palais Garnier photos have some extremely difficult lighting.  Apart
from the photos being gorgeous, they are showing some very useful things
about the MM's ISO settings. It looks like 1600-ish is the sweet spot for
the variables of detail, motion-stopping, fine grain, and dynamic
range--where we can get all of them in reasonable amounts. The one at 5000
was a little too gritty in the shadows for my taste, the one at 4000 was
significantly better. I think this one is just right for hand held
"artistic" (as opposed to "journalistic") depiction of the conditions
involved.

--Peter