Subject: [Leica] IMG: Staircase Detail
From: leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson)
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 16:27:06 -0700

I concur about your iso musings, Peter.
In this case, in a dark place, being herded along with the other tourist
hordes, I had to work much faster than I'd like, both in composition and
metering.
But if one were to take much more care in exposure / metering AND took
the time to learn and play around with different noise reduction
software, you could get that iso 5000 shot to look like the 1600 one.

That applies to viewing on a monitor; the iso 5000 print shows
significantly less of the "gritty" look than what shows on the monitor.

Jay

PS, thanks for the compliment!

Message from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Staircase Detail)
Message from leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson) ([Leica] IMG: Staircase Detail)