Subject: [Leica] IMG: Friday Flower
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 15:49:43 -0700

Hi George,

I tried what you suggested. When I reduced red saturation enough to break up
some of the solid central red, the periphery got a bit yellow, and playing
with yellow parameters did not have much effect. I then started playing with
magenta, which was a bit more successful, but I could not really resolve the
central area without destroying the periphery. I thought at first I had an
improved the  picture, but when I made a direct comparison between the
original and the ?improved? version, I did not feel it was improved enough
to be worth posting. I  think there were so many spines (petals?) that the
central area just looked solid.

There is a possibility that some of this might be an artifact of the Fuji
camera. An expert at the Keeble and Shuchat department told me that Fuji did
not use the Bayer mosaic  but some proprietary array of their own. Makes me
wonder what happens when LR analyzes the RAW data.

Herb

Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org
650-326-8204