Subject: [Leica] OKCLUG Goes To Salgado Movie
From: nwajsman at gmail.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 09:17:39 +0200

I saw Genesis in Barcelona in January together with Lluis and my friend
Lars, and we too were somewhat disappointed. Partly there was the issue of
the prints being overdone, but my main gripe was the lack of a coherent
theme?the exhibition is simply too big?and the distance to his subjects. In
many cases, his approach to the people in the photographs is that of a
wildlife photographer. Compared to other major bodies of work by Salgado,
like ?Workers?, I found this one below his usual standard.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain