Subject: [Leica] OKCLUG Goes To Salgado Movie
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 15:53:17 -0500

The Salt of the Earth opened in Oklahoma City this afternoon.  Ken Carney
and I were 50% of the first showing's audience.

Nonetheless, we highly recommend it.  It is not 'pretty' in that he
photographed a great deal of the worst of humanity and many of those
photographs are displayed in their full awful beauty, but the filmmakers
(Wim Wenders and Salgado's son Juliano) try to leave you on a somewhat
hopeful note.

Even if they succeeded generally I am still not hopeful I'll ever be able
to produce images with that tonal range and d-max.  Even if I buy better
cameras.

--Bob

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] OKCLUG Goes To Salgado Movie)
Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] OKCLUG Goes To Salgado Movie)