Subject: [Leica] ***SPAM*** Re: Tina's softness/sharpness/focus issue - might be solved, in part
From: tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 08:57:26 -0400

Yes, that is true, Nathan; however, when I was using film I would carry 300
rolls of film for a week in Honduras or Guatemala.  I didn't always use all
300 but, since there is no way to buy film in the remote villages of
Central America, my worst nightmare was to be staying with a family and run
out of film.  I never ran out but sometimes I did use all 300 rolls because
I was there and would probably never have the opportunity to photograph
that family in that village again.  That's 10,800 photos per week - more
than I am averaging now with digital.  Those I also had to develop, mount
and file.  Now, as I scan all of those film photos, I am glad I took so
many and sometimes even wish for more with a choice of a slightly different
exposure or lens.  I don't think I use a machine-gun approach.  Every frame
is different in some way.  During those years, I was taking photos for
several different agencies, for myself and for the families - all requiring
a different focus on the purpose of the photos.

I will be 70 years old this year and I'm afraid it's too late to change the
way I work - until I decide to retire (die)

Thanks,

Tina

--
Tina Manley