Subject: [Leica] Prints are way too dark. Driven to distraction
From: leowesson at gmail.com (Leo Wesson)
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 23:23:15 -0600
References: <CAFuU78eon0fR5FTfpr5qCfUwzGW_OCEp=oW52zv=QNK7_31FHQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAAsXt4MT3GvHLhKM7VtFkAc-Nb=+Pro3XOrnCi4xt4Jjm-B65Q@mail.gmail.com> <BLU173-DS12B3D9F0597047D6C93193B8130@phx.gbl> <54F3AC39.4080009@cox.net> <CAFuU78dZo3utKPa5Qx=bsGbB=O+svX6Hi+7QWs2VZ4Avt_3rFA@mail.gmail.com> <CAAsXt4NfROxSJcsr==9hsf7WC3fkhk7FFJw-xzQeB0zi2YKf1g@mail.gmail.com> <CAG8EVmzGOu8tCqqMnXUgccyTwhrTSbneVQGsZhe_XASE=shvrQ@mail.gmail.com> <930C953B-67FB-4606-ADBF-1458BF1D19C8@gmail.com>

It's been awhile since I used ImagePrint.  I was mostly using it for
prepress and BW conversions. I had a color separation house set up the rip
and it worked as it should.  Metamerism is not so much of an issue these
days so no need for it with BW.  I do remember how important it was  that
you  profiled the printer and not just the monitor.  Do you profile your
printer?

Why do you use a rip?

Leo Wesson
Photographer/Videographer