Subject: [Leica] Long term M7 satisfaction?
From: hjwulff at gmail.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 23:33:35 -0800

I've had mine since 2000 and had no problems whatsoever, but it didn't get
used as hard as the M6 I had (and still have). I had an Abrahamsson winder
on it for the first few years and then put a Leica Motor on it, which I used
it with mostly. I had two Konica RF's from about the same time I got the M7
until 2007 and they got used more, mainly due to the built in motor and
therefore lighter weight. Both those cameras pretty much wore out while each
got about three times as much use as the M7 and about the same as the M6.
Just not in the same class for long term durability as the Leicas.

I would have no hesitation in thinking of getting an M7 for long term use.

Henning