Subject: [Leica] Noctilux and Sony A7?
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 18:41:48 -0800
References: <27373742.1418411259652.JavaMail.root@mswamui-chipeau.atl.sa.earthlink.net> <3AAB80DC-6323-48BC-BCA5-516FAF1A8820@gmail.com> <CAFfkXxtQZZe6YvG9w7+NJagJpkoq_1VKhdUP9q4+4AnxycLMZQ@mail.gmail.com> <04DF46C1-4AE7-4EDC-BD5E-D7845CFB15EA@gmail.com> <89CA9178-0F1A-4ECC-93F8-75C7302423BF@gmail.com> <33AEDF2D-FACF-4CA3-812B-C34E07B38B7D@gmail.com> <CE039D1C-A979-4D11-B40A-112E559590B6@gmail.com> <96F23A6C-5702-48A2-A38A-6D2D703FBC93@gmail.com> <76ABB9EF-EAF0-4AF4-9665-BEF8DB24D738@gmail.com> <092EA6AD-52C1-4736-A630-EB64AA08D841@gmail.com> <B5977C95-3719-406C-AE62-D5B578FE0174@gmail.com>

I have this combination: Nocti and A7 and A7R and you?d be welcome to give
the combo a shot. Of course I?m virtually next door to Steve.

I think Sony is homing in on how to handle the focusing interface. I?m
interested in trying, hands on, the Fuji X1-T system which looks attractive
to me. I do most of my focusing on the A7 & A7R in manual mode, even with
Zeiss or Sony lenses that support auto-focus. Zooming in is great and you?re
seeing what the sensor sees.

It?s curious but when I?m shooting by hand I use the A7. When I?m on a
tripod I use the A7R to exploit the increased sensor size. The shutter on
the R is clunky. Mostly I don?t miss the extra pixels. Maybe 24 Mpixels is a
sweet spot? Although talk of a 45-50 MP model is intriguing. I find myself
exploiting ISOs in the 4000-5000 range a lot, more than I ever imagined.
There?s noise, sure, but wow, modern software in either Lightroom or
Photoshop deals with it easily and when I compare it to scans of, say,
Provia, the images are pretty darn nice.

Headed to Yosemite for a few days this week. Hoping for snow.

Adam

Replies: Reply from rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler) ([Leica] Noctilux and Sony A7?)
Message from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Noctilux and Sony A7?)
Message from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Noctilux and Sony A7?)