Subject: [Leica] How to travel with camera gear: the guide to packing
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 09:15:51 -0800

kyle cassidy OFFERED:
I've assembled all my knowledge from years as a traveling photographer into
(mostly) one place, if it's of use to anyone.

http://kylecassidy.livejournal.com/768548.html

These are the bullet points:

1) Pack small. Don't check bags.
2) Buy clothes made for backpackers.
3) Use packing cubes.
4) They don't count your clothes as a carry on.
5) You don't have to put your bag in the overhead over your own seat.
6) Get an e-reader.
7) Pack things you can't get at your destination.
8) Pack food.
9) Leave your core travel items in your luggage.
10) Always have enough gear on your person to get the assignment done if you
lose all the rest of your stuff.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Hi Kyle,
Thank you as it looks about as "KISS SIMPLE!" as it can be!" I having
travelled abroad with a few.. "UNTRAVELLED PHOTOGRAPHRS DURING MY LIFE!" Is
quite revealiing in their lack of packing knowledge. Some ship a case load
of gear they  never open during the month we're away!!

They pack verything including the "kitchen  sink!"............ "JUST IN
CASE" because you never know what you're going to run into. "AND EXPECT TO
CARRY IT ALL ON BOARD!"

Experince dictates and teaches us usually "less is more!" Knowing the
ramifications of the assignment due to research before departure usually
sets the "TOOL REQUIREMENTS BEFORE DEPARTURE." Keep in mind "KISS ALWAYS!"

cheers,
ted