Subject: [Leica] Dunes Redux
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 16:49:08 -0800

I like the black blacks too. Much more dramatic and graphical as you say.

Adam's loved his black blacks! Though he espoused exposing BW for the
shadows and then use zone exposure/processing to expand or reduce
highlights, many of his prints had pure blacks. My guess is he had the
detail in his negatives and chose to not print them or exposed for where he
wanted black detail to end. More likely, like us, he tried to capture as
much information as possible and then used printing to e press his vision.

But more detail in the sand and black as night blacks seems to be the middle
of the two done so far and preferable to me.

Thank you all so much for helping me work through this. REALLY appreciated.
Bob

Sent from my iPad