Subject: [Leica] Dunes Redux
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 18:15:37 +0100

The first one is more graphic and the second one just photographic ;-)

My vote goes to #1 as a result even if #2 demonstrates the sensor has
spare power to deliver ;-)

Perhaps #1 with slightly more details in the highlights might be
another way to explore.

Amiti?s
Philippe

Le 13 nov. 14 ? 17:41, Howard Ritter a ?crit :

> For my tastes, the original without hesitation. The foreground
> ripples add a lot of textural visual interest and the inky blackness
> of the shadows is more important than the detail that can be teased
> out with post-processing.
>
> YMMV. De gustibus and all that.
>
> ?howard
>

>> On Nov 13, 2014, at 11:31 AM, Ken Carney <kcarney1 at cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> Definitely the revised one for me.  Very nice.
>>
>> Ken
>>
>> On 11/12/2014 9:53 PM, Robert Adler wrote:
>>> Some suggestions were made to the first image of the Oceano Dunes
>>> that
>>> included:
>>> 1.  Lighten the dune shadows to show some detail.
>>> 2.  Crop out some of the foreground.
>>>
>>> So I did this and the result is here:
>>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rgacpa_HI/20141103-L1002368+as+Smart+Object.jpg.html
>>>
>>> Here is the original image before the suggestions.
>>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rgacpa_HI/20141103-L1002368-Edit.jpg.html
>>>
>>> Please look at each large. Though I know which one I prefer
>>> (limited to
>>> only these two to pick from) I'd really appreciate hearing your
>>> opinions.
>>> Thanks!