Subject: [Leica] Warren, Indiana #1
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 16:49:55 -0400

There's no Padre, this is a protestant church. The church itself wasn't
that important to me, the basketball hoops was. In Indiana, basketball is
an all-consuming passion. Everyone plays it, and basketball hoops are
everywhere. On garages, on barns, on the sides of buildings in small
towns. If you've ever seen the movie "Hoosiers" you'l see what I'm talking
about. If you ask people outside Indiana what they know of the state,
they'll always mention our obsession with Basketball. They may also
mention cornfields, the Indianapolis 500, and Gary (the city with a murder
rate higher than New York!), but they always know Indiana means basketball.

I am going back next week to photograph inside some of the main street
stores, which look like places frozen in time from the 1920s, and the
owners. I was there too late yesterday; these small towns roll up their
sidewalks at 5pm, and EVERYTHING closes down.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook