From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 02:03:23 -0400

There is such a thing of course as masculine beauty as well. Its just nobody
can name a male model most can name a few gal models. Kate Moss. Twiggy.
Jean Shrimp ton.  And the gal models make a few decimal points more cash
than the poor guys do.
Put me on your mailing list its a rare occasion I'm not in the mood to see a
pretty face.
I've shot for or had pix in :
Cond? Nast - Mademoiselle, Speedo, White Stag, Jantzen bathing suits a slew
of high end hair people, the modeling agencies themselves., a lot of
musicians have a glamour thing going... Courtney Love..., fashion issues for
various Portland OR papers and magazines, a slew of modeling portfolios and
glamour promotional head shots for models, singers, dancers  ...boutique
clothing stores. I did full time 9 to 5 retail fashion photography in a
Portland department store:  Meier and Frank, I also did an involved shoot
for Nordstrom and was involved in one of their fashion shows.
Dehen Inc. knitwear, Oregon Magazine, Multnomah Monthly, Vogue Designers:
Palmer-Plesh, Perfect Look - Clairol- Revlon, Oregon fashion Consortium,
Sachet lingerie, Town and Country...
This is cutting and pasting from my r?sum? I didn't just type all this stuff
out.
Lots of pretty faces. Doing a whole lot less of that now.
These gals are not to be under estimated many are real professionals who can
make life much easier for a photographer trying to get a name making shot.
The Lug ethic seems to be all about street photography. Well coincidently
that's what I've mainly been doing now. And cracking the gallery market here
in Chelsea.
One of my first gallery shows I ever had the people came over to my studio
and I showed them my tide pools. They looked bored and pointed to the large
pix of babes on my studio walls. That's what they wanted I printed some of
those up on 11x14 fiber paper and matted and framed them with museum board.
That was the White Gallery at Portland State University. 1981! But the Shado
Gallery in Oregon city did the same thing to me. And that really was my
first gallery show. But it was in Oregon city. In a blizzard. Not a big
showing for the opening. 1977! "Girls only" he said.

On 7/11/14 8:10 PM, "Geoff Hopkinson" <hopsternew at gmail.com> wrote:

> Agree with all of the above Mark. However not a great fit with the LUG
> demographic.
> I mainly  just send links to interested people when I post new work now.
>

> Cheers
> Geoff
> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman
>

> On 12 July 2014 10:05, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:
>
>> I knew you were getting an S2... Perhaps before you did! The camera has
>> your
>> name all over it. Get a short tele and you're good to go. I had nothing
>> but
>> a 150 Sonnar on my first Hasselblad for a few years. And a 105 2.5 on my
>> Nikon.
>> On some of your subject matter though pretty girls is a theme which has
>> broad forgive the pun interest. Walk by the magazine rack and take a
>> glance.
>> Its all you see.  Everyone loves looking at pretty girls.
>> Pretty girls love looking at pretty girls.
>> Is Elle and Vogue filled with pix of guys? No!
>> The Babes rule.
>>

>> On 7/11/14 7:08 PM, "Geoff Hopkinson" <hopsternew at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Mark that's twice you said something nice about me here recently.
>>> Thanks!
>>> I am shootings lots although maybe not work that interests much of the
>> LUG,
>>> and I do thoroughly enjoy learning to use the tools available for
>>> developing as well.  I have shot 10,500 frames with my M in 9 months thus
>>> far and I just got the S2 as well so that will hardly improve how much
>> time
>>> I'm committed to for my photography. Now for another 12 hours in every
>> day
>>> ;-) I think I'm 1000 images behind in my editing and I'm working with
>> five
>>> different models in the studio over the next few days as well.
>>>

>>> Cheers
>>> Geoff