Subject: [Leica] Film processing in almost clean water?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 13:04:08 -0700

Hi Jim,
Later I'll post how it was taking a "darkroom on assignments!" So when you
checked into your hotel / motel and turned the "bathroom as such into a
darkroom!" Souped film, used a hair dryer for drying the film as you waved
it about in the humid bathroom air! :-) Made prints and transmitted to the
wire! Re-pack and leave hotel next morning at 6 a.m. Arrive at new hotel 12
hours later or more after covering the events of the day while flying about
the country to several locations shooting up a storm! :-0 Arrive new hotel,
Re-make darkroom, soup film, make prints, transmit, tear down, re-pack ready
to leave for airport 6 a.m. Oh yeah and try to find time to eat and sleep
all at the same time!

THEN? 12 hours later set it all up again! :-)

Concerns about purity of water?????? Only if you were going to mix it with
your faithful bottle of Lagavulin single malt scotch!!!!! :-)  TRUE! :-)

Aw it was a time when real photographers did it all without a whine! But
only if you ran out of Scotch at 3 a.m.! :-)

cheers,
ted.   :-)