Subject: [Leica] Film processing in almost clean water?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 11:50:35 -0700

MANY HAVE VOICED REGARDING FILM DEVELOPING ?

ME? First of all, many of you already know I generally have survived my wild
and crazy photo life only because there's been a "HAND OF GUIDANCE ALONG THE
WAY!" :-) If not I surely wouldn't be here?

My development of film?  KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Always! :-) Makes life so much
easier! :-)

Pour developer into tank, warm or cool to proper processing temperature.

Turn out the lights, open film cassettes, load reels, drop in tank,  bang on
lid turn on lights and shake film containers gently. Timer is ticking time
off. Turn can upside down every minute gently. OR? If souping 8 rolls at a
time? Turn out lights, "TOTAL DARKNESS!" Lift lid take rod of reels gently
lift and rotate a couple of times. Replace lid, turn on lights & complete
this routine every minute until buzzer goes.

Time is up, Buzzer goes, dump stuff down the sink, pour in "STOP BATH, shake
well, dump, pour in fixer, shake well and after a couple of minutes, lid
off. Can drained back into fixer bottle and washing begins running water
from tap.. Basically it doesn't get any more KISS SIMPLE than that! :-)

Washing complete, add a couple of drops of Photo-flo, lift reel rod, take
reel in hand, snap arm and hand toward floor a couple of times to shake off
excess liquids. Then into film drying cabinet made from an old high school
tall thin locker complete with air filters and electric powered fans. Dust
free drying 100%'

Done? Off to light table for cutting in strips of 6 or 7 frames & into
sleeves! Then off to darkroom for contact-editing sheets. File neg sheets in
3 ring binders with contacts and info on contact sheets. :-)

And guess what? We have negatives around here over 50 or more years old that
look not bad at all.:-) And still print beautifully with modern electronic
equipment!  Today? Scan,print! :-)

Done! How much simpler can it get? Think about it for a second or two???
"SHOOT DIGITAL!!!!!!!!!!!" ;-)

Jeeeeeeeeeesssssssshhhhhhhh! :-) Gotta love it! :-) :-)

Cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] Film processing in almost clean water?)
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Film processing in almost clean water?)